Even if you have a good set of credentials, degree from a reputable university, excellent working experience but making a resume is the most challenging task which are laid out in a poorly written resume, the supposed great chance of getting hired with a leading company could be lost. And considering the stiff competition amidst the several highly qualified applicants who are also seeking a good post in the same companies where you could be applying, a resume having the major mistakes can be detrimental in getting a job that you deserve.
For this reason, it is important to have a resume free from the major and common mistakes that could give a wrong impression on the applicant. Below is a list of do’s and dont’s in making a job winning resume:
Do’s in making a resume :
Recommended : 10 simple ways to Burn 500 calories in a day !!!
- Do consider the bearing of high speed internet when making a good resume. Considering that a lot of companies these days make use of this facility in receiving resumes from interested applicants and the prevalence of job search portals where employers and job applicants can meet and arrange on the application process, this should make an applicant realize that resumes are vital in a job application process, whether offline or online.
- Make use of numbers to specify a certain accomplishment. Descriptions such as ‘large’ or ‘many’ will only leave the employer unaware about the level of your accomplishments. Statements such as ‘lead a team of 10 financial assistants’ or ‘managed the payroll system of 500 employees’ should leave the employer a realistic idea of the applicant’s achievements.
- Keep the resume short but encompassing. The hiring staff normally has a lot of applicants to screen and the last thing that they need is a resume full of irrelevant stuff. The most number of pages should be up to two but if it will take three pages to justify your worthiness for the job post, then do so.
You may also like : Happy New Year Wallpapers and much more
Dont’s in making a resume :
You may also like : New Planet discovered in a Habitable zone like Earth !!!
- Don’t submit a resume that is not very well proof-read. Resumes with even minor mistakes in grammar and spelling will lead to a wrong impression that will cause its rejection. The employer will most likely think that the fact that the applicant couldn’t even manage to remove simple grammar and spelling mistakes will make it difficult for him to manage more serious problems that comes with the job.
- While it is helpful to put some creativity in order to make the resume stand out, don’t overdo it with unconventional designs or colors.
- Don’t include skills or capabilities that you are not prepared to do well and without supervision just to impress the employer. You may get the job but more problems will arise early on if you will not be able to perform the assigned tasks as expected.
- Don’t make use of inappropriate or frivolous email addresses in your contact details such as iamQTpie@hotmail.com or email@example.com. It is always easy and free to create an email account and even if you will have to create a decent one for the single purpose of applying for a job, then do so.
You may also like : Samsung now become the largest mobile maker – Research
Jamie Cody is a writer of a variety of topics for center networks. He strives to deliver the best and unbiased reviews for hosting providers like godaddy.com