Recent news is that a new test is made according to which your addiction rate to Facebook is determined. Scientists have discovered a Facebook Addiction Test which tells that how much you are addicted to the popular social networking giant by answering just six simple questions……
The test which is published in the very popular Psychological Reports journal depends upon the concept of “six core elements of addiction “. These six elements will surely tell your addiction rate to Fb. These elements are withdrawal, tolerance , salience , mood modification , conflict and relapse .
In fact the same test is used to test the Alcohol Addiction.
This test is done in an objective type manner. User will be given six questions and each question will be scaled to 1 – 5 , 1 being the lowest and 5 being the highest.
These questions are as follows :
- You spend a lot of time thinking about Facebook or plan use of Facebook
- You feel an urge to use Facebook more and more
- You use Facebook in order to forget about personal problems
- You have tried to cut down on the use of Facebook without success
- You become restless or troubled if you are prohibited from using Facebook
- You use Facebook so much that it has had a negative impact on your job/studies
Score 4 or more on at least 4 of these questions ? Then you could (may be not) be addicted to Facebook……
This test was compiled by the at least 1000 students , from University of Gothenburg, Sweden which has concluded that 85% of the students who had given test were FB addicted and 50 % admitted that Facebook.com is the first website they run after booting up.