Finally, the much awaited Samsung Galaxy S4 Active has been officially announced by Samsung. But can Galaxy S4 Active features stand against the official S4 flagship. This is the tough and sturdy version of Samsung Galaxy S4.
Samsung Galaxy S4 Active Specs :
Well !! the most striking feature of Galaxy S4 Active is IP67 certification for the water and dust protection of the smartphone. Moreover, the brilliantly designed new body of Galaxy s4 Active enables the phone to be able to capture and shoot Underwater pictures and videos with its downgraded 8MP Camera.
Moreover, Samsung has also created a special mode for the phone named as ” Aqua Mode ” . With the Aqua Mode the visual quality and clarity of the underwater images and videos will get increased and boosted.
Unfortunately, like the Camera downgrade , Samsung has also downgraded its screen from Super AMOLED to LCD display. And all the other things of the phone are likely to be same like the I9505 Galaxy S4. Samsung Galaxy S4 active features a 5 inch LCD display with a resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels means a Full HD screen with pixel density of 441 ppi.
Apart from the screen, Samsung Galaxy S4 Active comes in Snapdragon 600 chipset with a 1.9 GHz quad-core Krait processor under the hood. The phone comes with a storage of 16 GB internal memory and can be extended upto 64 GB via micro SD card. Moreover, Samsung Galaxy S4 will also pack a 2 GB RAM that will always make this superphone the quickest.
And like the Flagship Galaxy S4 , Galaxy S4 Active also boasts same features like NFC , latest wireless ac band, latest Android 4.2.2 and it comes with Samsung’s Air View and Air Gestures, and the S Health fitness and WatchON IR apps too.
Talking about the dimensions of the phone, Samsung Galaxy S4 Active is a bit larger, thicker and somewhat heavier than the original S4 flagship. The Galaxy S4 Active measures 139.7 x 71.3 x 9.1mm and weighs 151 gram which is 21 grams more than the original.
Samsung Galaxy S4 Active features :
- Form factor : Water resistant touchscreen phone with IP67 certification
- Dimensions : 139.7 x 71.3 x 9.1 mm
- Weight :151 g
- Display : 5″ 16M-color TFT LCD with Glove touch
- Display Resolution : 1920 x 1080 pixels (441ppi)
- Processor : Snapdragon 600 with 1.9GHz Krait 300 processor
- RAM : 2GB
- Operating System : Android 4.2.2 – Jelly Bean
- Memory: 16GB storage, microSD card slot
- Rear Camera : 8 megapixel auto-focus camera, face detection, touch focus and image stabilization, Cinema Photo
- Front Camera : 2MP front facing camera, video-calls
- Video camera: Full HD (1080p) video recording at 30fps
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac, Wi-Fi hotspot, Bluetooth 4.0, standard microUSB port with MHL features (TV Out, USB host), GPS receiver with A-GPS and GLONASS, 3.5mm audio jack, NFC, Infrared port
- Battery: Removable 2600mAh
- Other Features : TouchWiz UI, Impressively rich video/audio codec support, built-in accelerometer, Smart stay and Smart rotation eye-tracking, Smart pause, Smart scroll, S Health, Air Gestures
It is obvious that the only contender against Samsung Galaxy S4 Active is Sony’s Xperia Z . Xperia Z comes with IP57 certification and it is water resistant and dust resistant too. Moreover, Sony’s upcoming Sony Xperia ZR will also challenge S4 Active. Lets see how Samsung Galaxy S4 Active deals with it and can S4 Active become a deal breaker, Feel free to comment in the Comment section below.
Related Articles :
You may also like : Samsung Galaxy S4 specs vs Xperia Z vs Iphone 5 : Beast Unleashed
Don’t Miss : Sony Xperia Z vs Apple iPhone 5 : Beast Wars
Don’t Miss : Top 10 mobile phones in the world today : Updated
Recommended : Top 5 Mobile Operating System at present
You may also like : Nokia’s CEO call Iphone “EMBARRASING” and throws it on the Ground