Getting Help for Your Research Paper !!! Here are the best places to ask for research . Checkout the best ways that will help to pop the question. Here are best places that will help you in your research papers.
A great research paper is backed with relevant supporting background information. Knowing where to find it is just as important. Most researchers make use of the infinite mass of information provided by the Internet. Another valuable source is library.
Top Places that Help in Research Papers :
You may also like : 10 Steps to Build a Blended Learning Activity
Traditional print will always be a more thorough source of reference for researchers. Relevant literature can be gleaned from books, textbooks, academic & trade journals, newspapers, legal documents, government reports, advertisements, and press releases.
Here are some pointers for library research:
- For finding general information, encyclopedia, textbook, or dictionary could prove useful. You may also use the periodical index and card catalog in your local or school library.
- To narrow down your search, refer to the library card catalog and to bibliographies found at the end of the encyclopedia or of your reference textbook. Bibliographies cite the sources of information used in that particular book, so you may find them invaluable as a starting point for your research.
Recommended : Ultrasound Technician Job Requirements !!!
Another valuable source is the card catalog in your library. This lists all the resources found at the library by topic, keyword, book title, and author.
- Another source of information that most people overlook is the librarian. They are especially trained in information literacy so they should be invaluable. Since they are responsible for organizing, cataloguing, and referencing the books in the library, they are the easiest and most helpful resource in getting the information you need, They can also teach you how and where to search, how to use and interpret citations, how to filter database and web searches, and how to pick out the good references from the bad ones.
Talking to your librarian could be one of the smartest things to do. They can save you a lot of time and effort by pointing you to the right direction and giving you tips on how to cite your references correctly.
- Public libraries pay for online databases and resources that are typically inaccessible to the general public, a fact unknown to most people. Logging in through the library computer, or at home using your library card, can give you access to information that you may not attain otherwise.
The Internet provides valuable and current information through websites, blogs, multimedia sources. Discussion lists, message boards, and chatrooms can also point you to the right direction.
Recommended : Indian boy solves 350 year old Newton’s math puzzle…..
For Internet research, here are some tips worth remembering:
- Use popular search engines. Search engines catalog everything in the Internet, much like a card catalog does for the library. Industry giants like Google, Yahoo!, and Bing provide the most comprehensive searches and credible sources.
- Keywords, keywords, keywords. Simplify your search and hit your target information by searching via keywords. They make it easier for search engines to winnow through the vast store of information in the Internet and give you more precise results.
- Go to a web portal for your specific subject. A web portal is a page that consolidates websites, articles, and other information associated with a subject. These should make information gathering and referencing much easier as you have most of your relate literature in one place.
Recommended : Do’s and Dont’s In Making a Resume
From the bulk of references you have gathered, here are criteria on how to distinguish good reference materials from the bad ones :
- The source should be credible. Information should be backed by studies and research done by field experts.
- It is objective. When writing, information should not be biased so as not to compromise the goal of the research.
- Information should be up-to-date. It is important that the information provided to back up your research is current and updated, since discoveries are made and facts are disproven every day.
- Error-free. This is a requisite of all research data and literature to ascertain the veracity of the information.
- Easily obtained by the public. References could be used by others and by the same researcher for further study.
- Original source is properly cited. This is to prove that the source is credible and can be validated.
Research paper need not be a burden that students endure. It should be a pleasant part of university life that underlines the reason why you are in school: in pursuit of knowledge and education. The library and the Internet are equally valuable resources, so make the most out of them.
About Author: Steve Davids is a freelance writer best known for his short essay writing. He mostly writes for academia and loves being in the center of attention. That’s what he uses social media for. He loves reading and making new friends on the internet.