Your website security is the most important and foremost task of any blogger.Your website is the now the number one target of choice by hackers for attacks. Secure your wordpress blog ?? is the most important question these days. Therefore, your website security is the most important and foremost task you should do before doing anything.
Secure Your WordPress :
Here are the Top Five Tips to secure your wordpress blog. This top 5 tips will definitely increase the security of your WordPress website. If only these five tips are implemented then it sure that your website will be more safer than before.
1.Install security Plugins
Security plugins plays an important role in securing your website. Therefore, you should have at least one of them. Here are top security plugins to increase security of your blog.
- Exploit Scanner : It will detect spam links even in your hidden files. It will scan all your post and files and remove the files with malicious code.
- Wordfence Security : A must have security plugin. It compares WordPress core files with original and blocks the users with unsuccessful login attempts.
- WordPress Sentinel : It monitors all the files whenver these are added , edited and deleted.
- VIP Scanner : This official WordPress plugin will help you in checking if there is any problem in your wordpress themes or not. Moreover, it will also detect any advertising code that is injected to your template.
- Google Authenticator : This excellent plugin will help to secure your wordpress login page and adds a two-step verification to your wordpress blog similar to that of Google.
- Login Dongle : This wordpress plugin will create a bookmarklet with a secret question that you can add to your bookmarks. And it will help to increase your login page security whenever you will login to your blog.
3. Do not show your wordpress version to the world
As WordPress websites and blogs always display there version number thus making it more easier for the hackers to see whether they are running an outdated version of WordPress so that it will become more easier for them to hack.
To remove your wordpress version from a page delete the readme.html file from your wordpress installation directory because it advertises your WordPress version to the world.
Recommended : How to check Future Page Rank of Website !!!
4.Login with your Email address
First of all , you should change your wordpress login id from “Admin” to any other name. As the wordpress blogs with the login id “Admin” will make it more easier for hacker to hack it.
Moreover, you should create a hard to guess username and after that use your email address to open that. For that you need to install WP-Email Login plugin that will also guide you.
5. Prevent users from accessing your WordPress Directories
This is really very vital for you. To prevent users from accessing directories . First open .htaccess file in your root directory and after that add the following line the top.
It will definitely help you by preventing the outside world from seeing your files and directories.
Hope you have liked these Top 5 tips to secure your wordpress blog. If you have still any query, feel free to comment on the comment section.
You may also like : How to create a Backup of website from Cpanel and its Importance !!!